When Wendy comes to your school, she brings a unique background as a seasoned storyteller, a theatre performance graduate, a nationally award-winning children’s playwright, a skilled story analyst and an experienced teacher. She blends all these disciplines as she designs a residency that addresses your school’s specific needs. Wendy’s warm and engaging manner and curricular-based teaching will be a great addition to your classroom and school.
Wendy has helped students:
- Write and perform their own original class plays.
- Move beyond “beginning, middle and end” to look at story through power dynamics and the functions characters play to create a better understanding of how and why story works.
- Learn the skills of storytelling, as writers and performers, and perform in a storytelling concert.
- Process community and personal issues such as bullying, drug abuse and violence through story and writing.
- Explore cultural and historical subjects through folklore and stories.
- Gain confidence as they learn new skills.
Wendy’s experience includes:
- Adjunct professor at Utah Valley University’s Department of Theatrical Arts
- Artistic Director for the Timpanogos Storytelling Conference
- Playwright-in-Residence at the Noorda Children’s Theatre
- Founder and Director for Resonance StoryTheatre
- Founder and Co-Director of VocalWorks, a top-rated youth program at The Egyptian Theatre, Park City
- Music and drama teacher at The Colby School, Park City
- Certified Mu