Utah Film Center Seeking Grant Writer
Posted: Apr 26, 2021
Job title: Utah Film Center Grant Writer
Reports to: Development Director
Utah Film Center (UTFC) connects people, stories, and ideas through film and media arts. UTFC envisions an inclusive, engaged, and empathetic community. To achieve this, UTFC presents films for cinema lovers of all ages, offers in-class and teacher-focused education programs, and provides a film ecosystem that supports filmmakers from conception to exhibition.
Utah Film Center is a dynamic organization, as innovative and creative as the media we present. Inclusion, Diversity, Equitability and Access is in the forefront of everything we do. Relationship-building, grant and proposal writing, reporting, and grant stewardship are primary responsibilities of the position.
The grant writer is responsible for supporting relationships with corporate, foundation, and government partners. Proposal writing, reporting, grant stewardship, and data integrity are primary responsibilities of the position. This position also supports the processes of crafting and communicating the story of Utah Film Center, its role, and its impact in the community. While this position reports to the development director, it also works closely with marketing and UTFC’s program managers. The grant writer must be able to apply and further the Utah Film Center’s core beliefs of: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) as well as professionalism, innovation and creativity.
1. Develops, cultivates, and manages relationships with corporate, foundation, and government entities in tandem with the development and marketing departments.
2. Writes and manages corporate, foundation, and government proposals.
3. Researches new funding sources for UTFC’s programs; cultivates and maintains open communication with institutional donors; seeks out new opportunities for corporate partnerships for UTFC’s programs, including but not limited to, weekly curated screenings, drive-ins, festivals, and state-wide programs.
4. Works closely with UTFC’s program directors to gather necessary program information for grants, to present funding opportunities for consideration, to collect outcome measures, and to insure donor investments are used appropriately. Gathers all pertinent data and information to write complete, accurate, and persuasive proposals.
5. Manages stewardship plan including accurate and timely reporting and appropriate acknowledgement of corporate, foundation, and government donors.
6. Keeps detailed records of opportunities and communication, and otherwise maintains donor data integrity in Salesforce.
7. Provides personalized communication in a timely manner to donors and prospects.
8. Tracks all upcoming grant and report deadlines and manages multiple projects effectively.
9. Helps with revenue projections, organizational and project budget preparations, and board reporting responsibilities. Informs fundraising (annual, capital, endowment) campaigns, as is appropriate.
10. Seek out ways, including earned revenue, to provide benefits to corporations and community partners as part of a sponsorship package.
11. Provide support to special events with corporate sponsorships, including ideation, sales and on-site activation, especially around festivals and special events.
12. Other duties as assigned.
This a donor-centric position in a fast-paced organization. An ideal candidate should have:
Extensive writing experience with knowledge of nonprofit fundraising language and processes, this could be through an associate or bachelor degree in marketing, advertising, or communications. An equivalent combination of education and experience is welcome.
CRM experience, preferably in Salesforce or another comparable database.
A passion for the mission, values, and the programs of the Utah Film Center.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to explain information to diverse audiences.
To be self-directed and self-managed, with the flexibility to work as part of a team.
The ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities under pressure.
The availability to work some nights and weekends, as is needed.
This is a full time position that reports directly to the development director. Salary range is $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.