COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO), the Intermountain West’s premier arts organization located in the heart of Salt Lake City, is seeking an Annual Fund Coordinator (AFC). The AFC would be joining an organization that in recent years has developed great artistic momentum combined with financial stability from six consecutive balanced budgets. With a budget of $24 Million, USUO serves over 350,000 individuals each year through performances at Abravanel Hall, the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre, the Deer Valley® Music Festival, and a state-wide education and community engagement program.
The AFC reports to the Director of Major Gifts and interacts closely with the Director of Individual Giving as part of a three-person cohort within the larger Development department. Primary responsibilities include coordinating and implementing USUO’s Annual Fund activities with a goal of generating approximately $700,000 from contributions up to $10,000 through efforts including direct mail, telefunding, the preparation of monthly and annual giving reports, donor cultivation and appreciation strategies, and other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate Annual Fund giving program designed to achieve USUO’s Annual Fund goal.
• Coordinate annual appeal schedule, targeted segments for direct mail, social media, telefunding, and other mass appeals.
• Provide analysis of appeal results to help inform goals, plans and adjustments to best utilize resources and improve subsequent efforts.
• Coordinate annual fund print and digital materials such as: development brochure, CEO newsletters, annual report, invitations, etc.
• Coordinate the appeal content and distribution of the Healthcare Night campaign and coordinate aspect of the annual Healthcare Night concert/event.
• Implement and manage key Tessitura procedures, as well as generate reports for data analysis to inform strategy.
• Utilize Wealth Engine as a tool for prospect research and donor pipeline management; assist the Development department to evaluate and rate prospects; and import data into Tessitura.
• Implement plans for “giving days” such as Love PC Give PC, Giving Tuesday, etc.
• Facilitate development efforts by preparing materials, organizing and maintaining hard files and database files; i.e. photos, copy, invoices, print materials, financials reports, etc.
• Collaborate with Director of Individual Giving, other development staff members, and USUO leadership to achieve annual goals.
• Assist in the planning and execution of events and serve as an ambassador for USUO such as Inside Opera, Donor Appreciation, Galas, and Deer Valley Music Festival.
• Provide general support to Director of Major Gifts, Director of Individual Giving, and Manager of Special Events and Deer Valley® Music Festival Donor Relations
• Other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to the mission of Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Prior experience in fundraising, non-profit work, or the equivalent
• Extremely detail-oriented and thorough when completing tasks; attentive to deadlines
• Positive, professional, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude
• Tessitura experience preferred
• Thrives in a busy, multi-tasking, and time-pressured environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Genuine interest and passion for the arts, especially classical music
• Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
Location: Salt Lake City
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references by March 8, 2019 to:
Director of Major Gifts
123 W South Temple
SLC, UT 84101
Closing Date: March 8, 2019
Visit organizational website.