The position of Artistic Operations Manager of Ballet West encompasses both the responsibilities of assisting the Artistic Director, managing the Artistic Department operations.
Duties and responsibilities
Coordinate, manage, produce, distribute, and post artistic calendars and artists daily schedules
- Coordinate, produce, proofread, and distribute production casting.
- Provide administrative support for the Artistic Director including screening calls, taking messages, communicating with dancers, auditionees, and guests as well as proof- reading, distributing and posting letters, memos, documents, and communications.
- Plan artistic receptions and dinners as needed.
- Arrange travel and lodging for Artistic Director and Artistic Staff as needed.
- Coordinate with different companies and guest artists about appearances and events, timing/travel/receipts
- Create expense reports for Artistic Director and Artistic Staff as needed.
- Take production notes during tech and dress rehearsals for Artistic Director, Artistic Staff, and guest Choreographers and Stagers as requested.
- Deliver production notes from Artistic Director to dancers / crew.
- Serve as primary point of contact for dancers’ time off and guesting requests, sick days.
- Manage communicating all casting changes and adjustments as needed.
- During performances, manage cast changes resulting from injuries or illness and updating entire staff on changes, either in person or remotely.
- Be on call for all dancers to call / text with injuries / illness / scheduling questions
- Be on call for Artistic Director and Artistic Staff
- Manage all open call and private auditions in collaboration with Artistic Director and update website with audition information
- Coordinate inter-departmental needs concerning dancers, including events, meeting, etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including use of Microsoft office products to create professional correspondence, presentations and reports; Exceptional organizational skills including an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and be accountable to project deliverables; Ability to work well under deadlines; ability to work independently; Passionate commitment to Ballet West’s mission, strategic direction and vision. Confidentiality and discretion required.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location