COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Climate & Drought in the American West
Sept 23 – Oct 29
Sept 23 6 – 8 PM
• Artists may work anywhere in Utah
• Art must be created outdoors, on-site, anywhere in the state of Utah
• Art must be a depiction of that outdoor site
• Art may be done in any medium
• Art must be created between the dates of August 15 and Sept 16, 2022
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $200
The guest juror will select the winners.
The entry fee is $5 per painting for members, $10 for non-members. Artists may enter up to 5 pieces. Payments will be accepted online, at BDAC, or by calling BDAC at 801.295.3618.
Bring completed pieces to BDAC between Sept 13 and Sept 17. Completed works must be delivered to BDAC no later than Sept 17.
Art must be ready to install, with all required hanging hardware. Excessively fragile or poorly-framed work (ex: unframed watercolor on paper with no instructions) may be rejected at the discretion of BDAC staff. Due to glare and handling concerns, BDAC does not recommend framing with glass, especially for fresh oil paintings.
Competition is open to any media, so long as it meets the requirements.