Ogden, UT — Children in kindergarten through the sixth grade are invited to enter the Ogden Nature Center’s annual Earth Day Art Poster Contest. There is no entry fee. This year’s theme is “Ways I Help the Earth.” This is a fun opportunity for children to show their love and awareness of nature through art. All entries will be exhibited at the Ogden Nature Center April 22 through May 13, 2023.
• Entries must be 8.5” x 11” with the theme “Ways I Help the Earth.”
• Please do not glue anything onto your poster.
• On the back, please include the following: name (first and last), school, grade (k-6), teacher, home phone number and project title, and an email for a parent or guardian
• Entries must be received at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden, UT 84404 no later than 4:00 pm Saturday, April 8, 2023.
• Late entries may not be judged.
• There is no fee to enter.
Entries will not be returned but may be picked up May 16 through May 20. After May 20, contest entries will become property of the Ogden Nature Center.
Prizes will be awarded to three winners in each grade, with one grand prize per grade. Prizes will be awarded at a special awards program on April 22, at 11:00 am, at the Ogden Nature Center’s Earth Day Fair. Winners will be notified to attend.
Teachers who work on this project with their class and submit entries from their entire class will be entered in a drawing to win a free Ogden Nature Center wildlife presentation in their classroom!
This contest is sponsored by Ogden City Arts/Ogden City Corporation, Northrop Grumman, and Elliott-Hall Company.
The Ogden Nature Center reserves the right to use submitted artwork from the contest for future publicity.