Job Summary: The Communication and Marketing Director is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all WCG’s communication and marketing strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with all program and development directors to understand and prioritize communication around all of WCG’s initiatives. The position is an integral part of the external relations team for the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Direct and coordinate marketing and communication efforts:
• Oversee all communications, PR, branding, and marketing functions for WCG.
• Create and implement annual marketing and communication plan for WCG.
• Develop and track annual budget for all marketing efforts for WCG.
• Work with staff to create marketing materials for all WCG programs and events.
• Develop and maintain relationships with media sources.
• Write monthly e-newsletter to publicize opportunities.
• Coordinate and/or represent WCG at outreach and tabling events.
• Update website with workshops and other program opportunities.
• Manage WCG’s social media.
Desired Qualifications: Strong candidates will offer the following skills and experiences:
• Driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience creating and disseminating printed marketing materials.
• Experience creating and implementing strategic communication plan for an organization.
• 2-5 years previous communication or marketing experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Public speaking experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications and Joomla.
• Understanding of and experience with social media.
Benefits / Why Work for Us: Note that this is a .8 FTE position. Includes health insurance, paid holidays, and generous vacation package. Semi-flexible schedule
How to Apply: Send cover letter; resume; and names, titles, and phone numbers of three professional references to email@example.com by 5 pm, January 3, 2020. Please put “Communication and Marketing Director” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter and references will not be considered.