Supports fundraising and communications activities in the University of Utah College of Fine Arts. This position, with the working title Communications Specialist/Grants Writer, is responsible for crafting written communications and managing the projects to produce them—including direct mail pieces, grants, blog posts, eNewsletters, etc.
1. Manage the fundraising efforts for the College of Fine Arts Annual Fund, including the conceptualization, project management, production and distribution of direct mail campaigns, e-solicitations, gift tracking, etc. This includes targeting audiences, managing printing processes and tracking/reporting results.
2. Manage and implement grant and proposal writing process for local, regional, and national foundation prospects and government agencies, including research, coordination with the University Central Development Foundation Relations and CFA academic units in identifying grant and sponsorship opportunities and crafting/submitting proposals. Manage proposal, full proposal, end report cycle for all grant opportunities on behalf of CFA.
3. Identifying, researching, writing and publishing stories about the people, projects and successes in the College of Fine Arts. This includes writing pieces for the CFA Blog, press releases, social media and eNewsletter content.
4. Manage and grow the alumni relations work for the college, and assist five academic units with their alumni relations efforts, including managing alumni social media accounts, developing strategies to engage, celebrate, support and connect our alumni with the college and university’s central alumni relations team.
5. Assist with special development and communication projects and events for the College of Fine Arts as needed, including Arts Bash, CFA Gala, and fundraising/development events for each of the five academic units, the College, and special capital campaign events.
6. Write stories for and copy edit the annual CFA annual magazine, Studio.
7. Support External Relations office administration duties.
8. Must be able to lift at least 15 lbs as needed when assisting with events and to sit or stand for extended periods of time.