COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
Utah Humanities (UH) seeks an experienced Database Administrator to join its staff in Salt Lake City, Utah.
This is a 3/4-time salaried position with benefits that will be responsible for oversight of our FileMaker database including executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our database, and for supporting staff in maximizing its utility. This position requires working closely with staff, our FileMaker designer, and IT consultants with the following specific responsibilities:
· Manage database-related projects.
· Oversee the integrity of data including de-duplication of records.
· Establish protocols and processes for data collection and evaluation.
· Manage the design, creation, and updating of customized mailing lists and database reports with staff and FileMaker designer.
· Serve as staff “super-user” and keep abreast of new FileMaker features and functionality to provide recommendations for process improvements.
· Evaluate, update, and create online grant and project applications and processes for importing collected data.
· Train staff in database functionality and general report creation and generation.
· Provide staff technical support for database issues and functionality, and seeing problems through resolution.
· Maintain FileMaker staff user manual.
· Manage database software upgrades.
· Other duties include but aren’t limited to: being a liaison between Utah Humanities and technology contractors to resolve technical issues; supporting office and staff in responsive technological needs; researching potential equipment for office; managing audio/visual needs at board meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Two years of experience in database management.
· A minimum of an Associate’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience to perform effectively.
· Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
· Experience with, or willingness to learn, software for email marketing (Constant Contact) and web content management (Joomla and WordPress).
· Familiarity with standard office equipment and technology.
· Creativity and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Strong attention to detail and reliability.
· Solid interpersonal communication skills, with ability to work well with others.
· Aptitude and interest in new technology trends and developments.
· Familiarity with the nonprofit sector.
$30,000 – $34,000 annual salary with benefits, 30 hours/week, flexible hours.
To apply: combine the following in one PDF document and email to email@example.com: 1) a letter of application addressing your qualifications in the areas listed above, 2) a current resume, and 3) contact information for three references familiar with your work. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Immediate start date, position will be open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received before April 30, 2019. No phone calls, please.
Utah Humanities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a statewide mission to empower Utahns to improve their communities through active engagement in the humanities. (https://utahhumanities.org). We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds, particularly those from historically underrepresented groups, whose professional and personal experiences will help us invite diverse perspectives.