COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
Job Description: Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s Volunteer Manager summer intern is responsible for assisting the Front of House Manager and coordinating an enormous staff of over 100 volunteers per event for the Deer Valley® Music Festival. This individual will have the opportunity to work with a world-renowned orchestra and stars from classical, pops, country and Broadway music.
The work schedule is flexible and will be negotiated before the internship begins. The internship includes primarily onsite event duties in Park City with additional office hours. This is an unpaid internship, but does offer other benefits described below.
• Housing in Park City during some weekends
• Dinners provided during weekend Festival work
• Opportunities to attend performances and receive complimentary/discounted tickets
• Opportunities to meet prominent artists in various music fields
• Increased understand of the performing arts and arts administration
• Opportunities to interact with top administrative professionals in the performing arts field.
• Increased understanding and leadership of Volunteer Management
College students with an interest in Volunteer Management, Arts Management, Customer Service, and Stage or Production Management are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will have superb customer service and managerial skills.
Location: Park City, UT
How to Apply: Internships begin June 17, 2019 and end August 11, 2019. Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Melissa Robison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 1, 2019
Visit organizational website.