Job Description: POSITION
The Development Associate will report to the Development Director. Part time, approximately 20 hours per week. Includes occasional evenings and weekends. Must be available to work extended hours during the Utah Arts Festival in June.
– Accept, record and acknowledge donations. Must be prepared to give accurate, up-to-date information on any donor and provide timely administration of donor acknowledgement letters.
– Manage donor records for the department, including digital files in the database (data entry) as well as hard copy files as applicable.
– Manages annual fulfillment of tickets and passes for donors and sponsors.
– Help to compile information for monthly development report to the Board of Directors.
– Research and identify potential funding sources including corporate, foundation and government grant opportunities.
– Assist in developing communication to donors and sponsors.
– Assist in completing grant applications as needed, including foundation, government and corporate grants.
– Assist in planning, management, promotion and implementation of annual fundraising events and appeals.
– Support the VIP patios during the Festival.
– Assist with Festival set-up and strike.
– Attend monthly coordinator meetings.
– Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
– Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard Microsoft applications.
– Data entry and management experience. Knowledge of GiftWorks database a plus.
– Highly organized and motivated.
– Detail oriented.
– Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
– Previous development, administrative assistant, customer service experience.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– $19 per hour, 20 hours per week.
– 20 hours paid time off between Christmas and New Year.
– Opportunity to adjust schedule to account for holidays.
– Not eligible for benefits.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 1, 2019.
Closing Date: February 1, 2019