Director of Operations at NowPlayingUtah / Utah Cultural Alliance
The Director of Operations is responsible for the direction, programs, content, and coordination of Now Playing Utah. Duties include planning, organizing, staffing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating program activities. Operations Director also participates in marketing, budgeting and strategic planning initiatives in conjunction with the Executive Director. Works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for its programs. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Programs: Manages NPU’s programs including site content, maintenance, Free Nights of Art, and the Asset Map (60% of time)
- Execute existing and develop/ implement new program initiatives to support the strategic direction and goals of NPU, and recommend strategies for implementing long-term objectives.
Manage and monitor budgeted expenditures and track revenue for the programs according to established accounting policies and procedures, and ensure that the programs operate within the approved budgets.
- Oversee all NPU content (content is king for websites like NPU). Directly manage events, classifieds, and blog (news, reviews, etc.) content and oversees the website admin in managing directory content. Content management includes
- reviewing submitted events against guidelines and required information;
- finding missing content (with particular focus on growing rural and priority org content)
- report bugs to webmaster and Artsopolis
- managing content submitted through email@example.com;
- scanning for duplicates (using the site’s tool)
- audit event categories for legitimacy (i.e. removing inappropriate categories on event listings)
- advising Users on using the bulk import tool and approving account changes
- review and approve all Comments on event listings
- develops and manages programs to enhance the user experience/fulfill strategic goals (i.e. discount program)
- conduct annual survey of users
- Other Programs:
- Cultural Asset Map: Manage UCA’s Cultural Asset Map which is fed by the NPU database
- Free Nights of Art: Oversees and implements the Free Night of Art programs. Duties include seeking partners to distribute tickets to underserved Utahns; marketing the program; and oversight of website admin (who solicits tickets from organizations)
- Sales: Grows revenue for NPU through advertising and datafeed sales (20% of time)
- Sell advertising on NPU site and emails
- Sell the NPU datafeed
- Marketing: Amplify NPU and the happenings of the cultural sector (15% of time)
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan, including advertising, public relations, press releases, social media, community outreach and collateral materials. Connect with Social
- Media consultant and board members on best strategies.
- Manage advertising budget.
- Other duties as assigned (5% of time)
The ideal candidate:
- has strong knowledge of Utah’s arts, humanities, and entertainment sector
- is creative
- is comfortable with detail/routine work
- has strong editing skills
Salary: $30-35,000 BOE
Employee will also earn a negotiated sales commission once the sales goal is reached.