COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
Job Summary: Girl Scouts of Utah is actively looking to an Emerging Market Specialist to develop and implement strategies and tactics to increase diversity in our girl and adult membership. As the Emerging Market Specialist, you would be expected to work collaboratively with community partnerships and council departments to achieve the goal that Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
The Emerging Market Specialist is responsible for supporting and managing adult volunteers and leaders through training, timely communication, and resource dissemination and engaging girls and adult leaders in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Ideal candidates will have 2 to 5 years experience in youth delivery, can easily build rapport with others, available to work occasional nights with some weekends and is bilingual. Please see the attached description for the full details of the role.
Primary Responsibilities: • Develop strategies to increase membership for diverse population
• Recruit girls and adults for troop participation
• Develop and implement alternative to troop models
• Develop relationships with key community stakeholders including but not limited to school districts, business leaders, non-profit organizations and others.
• Create necessary collateral with marketing to recruit to diverse populations; translates materials as needed.
• Work with the development team to provide reports and insight to secure and maintain grants to support the growth in emerging markets
• Facilitate and support volunteer delivery of Girl Scout programming in partner sites. Track participation data and demographics for grant reporting requirements.
• Accomplish volunteer management objectives by collaborating with teams in regards to recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and supporting volunteers
• Communicate position expectations with volunteers (plan, mentor and enforce policies and procedures).
• Maintain systems to mentor adult volunteers to work with girls in program-grade level area to ensure delivery of quality programs and services to girls. Including effective behavior management, working with parents/caregivers, delivery of developmentally appropriate programming and progression, and other resources as needed/identified.
• Support and disseminate the council’s policies, procedures and standards in timely and concise communication platforms to volunteers.
• Answer, problem-solve, manage and respond appropriately to all inquiries.
• Develop and maintain sustainable systemic partnerships throughout Utah to implement consistent and high quality programming to girl’s Kindergarten through 12th grades in emerging markets
• Develop retention strategies as well as deliver high quality program in targeted areas. Collaborate with teams to identify targeted girl populations as well as high quality program sites.
• Guide the utilization of national curricula and support the creation and integration of local enrichment, supplemental, and customized activities that are grade-level appropriate and meet the needs, interests, and preferences of current and prospective girl members.
Desired Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of three years youth programming experience.
• Fluent in Spanish, both reading and writing.
• 2-5 years experience in youth program (curriculum) delivery preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills while achieving results in partnership with others.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, high degree of accuracy, and ability to multitask.
• Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce experience preferred), and social networking to access media networks as well as to tap into other networking resources.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends required.
• Experience and sensitivity in working with diverse people and volunteers.
• Have daily access to dependable transportation (upwards of 40% travel), valid driver’s license, compliance with the council’s policy of automobile insurance limits, and a driving record that meets the requirements for coverage of the council’s business auto insurance carrier.
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit and/or stand for long periods, and operate office equipment manually. The employee must be able routinely lift 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Benefits / Why Work for Us: Girl Scouts of Utah is committed to creating opportunities for girls and women to build courage, confidence and character. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401(k) with a company match and an extremely generous paid time off plan that provides more than 6 weeks of paid time off during the year.
How to Apply: Please review the entire job description an apply at https://gsutah.workbrightats.com/jobs/409790.html.
Compensation Type: Annual salary
Status: Full Time
Location: Salt Lake City, UT