The Field Services Coordinator will assist in planning and implementing the Division of Arts and Museums’ Museum Field Services outreach and engagement efforts. The position provides coordinated, consistent and reliable public-facing communication, technical assistance, and field services to Utah’s 250 urban and rural museums across the state, promoting best practices, and encouraging preservation of Utah’s diverse material culture.
Duties include newsletter publication, website editing and development, and coordination with other Division of Arts & Museums staff and programs. The incumbent will coordinate projects with various working groups and committees, providing a consistent and reliable connection to the Field Services program. Travel is required, up to 25%. This position is non benefited, up to 29 hours per week, salary range is $23-$25 per hour. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected to interview, candidates will be asked to provide references.
● Coordinate administrative support for existing Field Services programming, including 2 federally-funded grant programs.
● Provide outreach and field services to Utah’s museums by acquiring a deep knowledge about technical assistance, training, grants, and other program offerings.
● Assist in maintaining constituent databases, directories, surveys to the field, and disseminating relevant information.
● Communicate program-related content through the Division’s website, newsletters and social media including resources, funding opportunities and research.
● Work with division staff on data management, collection, evaluation and storage.
● Statewide travel to provide museum field services.
● Special projects and assignments as needed.
● Experience in museums, especially in collections care and management, is preferred.
● Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
● Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provide the necessary skills to successfully accomplish job duties
● Ability to obtain valid driver’s license and operate a state vehicle
● Risks found in the typical office setting
● Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
● Requires some walking, standing, bending