Job Description: The Gallery Coordinator is responsible for the administration, curation and installation of the Art Access gallery and reports to the Executive Director.
Art Access builds a diverse and inclusive arts community in Utah by providing creative opportunities for people with disabilities and other marginalized communities and through public engagement in the arts.
This position is 20 hours per week. It includes periodic evening and weekend hours for special events and Gallery Strolls. Most hours are flexible and will be served in the gallery, remotely or in office, and require some site visits and off-campus work. Some work may be performed remotely.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position includes flexible hours, optional health insurance, sick time, two weeks paid vacation over the winter holidays, and an optional Simple IRA contribution. Annual Salary range: $13,000-$16,000.
• Create artist contracts, labels, and artist statement documents
• Create bi-annual gallery postcard, in partnership with Art Access staff
• Communicate with artists regarding deadlines, exhibit information, and gallery questions
• Share marketing content for exhibits with Art Access staff members
• Manage annual gallery application process through You Judge It
• Manage annual gallery exhibit selection process in partnership with Gallery Committee Chair
• Schedule and lead annual application workshop in partnership with Gallery Committee Chair
• Prepare monthly invoices for exhibiting artists at the end of each gallery exhibit
• Attend staff meetings, gallery committee meetings and other meetings as needed
• Manage intake and pickup of artwork for each exhibit
• Hang, light, and display all artwork and supporting materials
• Attend and coordinate staffing/volunteer presence at monthly gallery strolls and first Saturday gallery hours
• Ensure gallery exhibits are professional, innovative, and support the mission of Art Access
• Recruit and manage artists for Art Access-curated exhibits
• Support individual artists and guest curators through exhibit development
• Complete artist studio visits with each exhibiting artist(s)
• Network and establish relationships with artists in the community
• Bachelors Degree or at least 4 years equivalent training and experience in the arts
• At least 2 years of experience in arts administration, arts education, gallery curating and management or other relevant spheres
• Good interpersonal and written communication skills
• Understanding of social issues affecting the arts and disability communities
• Self-starter with good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work and problem solve independently with integrity
• Empathy for and understanding of diverse points of view
• Demonstrated commitment to and passion for the Art Access mission and vision
Location: 230 S 500 W Suite 125 Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Status: Part Time