COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
GREENbike is a small non-profit that serves as a mechanism for improving community health and air quality. Your chief responsibility would be performing GREENbike’s accounting and office functions. In addition to being GREENbike’s only accountant, you’d be the primary contact for insurance, employee benefits and human resources. Other duties may be assigned based on the workload. The individual in this job would be on a track to become GREENbike’s first Chief Financial Officer.
– Accounting: Responsible for all aspects of general accounting required of a small non-profit including daily deposits into QuickBooks, accounts payable/receivable, bank account tracking & reconciliation, credit card tracking & reconciliation, tracking asset depreciation and administering chargeback disputes.
– Reporting: Create monthly reports comparing anticipated revenues/expenses against actual revenues/expenses (budget vs actuals). Additional reports to be created upon request or as time allows. Examples include tracking sales trends, comparing current revenue streams against prior performance, etc.
– Office, Insurance & Benefits Coordination: Record board of director’s meeting minutes and serve as the primary staffer for GREENbike’s Finance Committee. Will be required to post job listings, schedule candidate interviews and catalog employee quality reviews/manager reports. Will serve as the primary contact for property/liability insurance claims, insurance renewals, payroll administration, employee insurance, employee retirement contributions and other human resource functions. Responsible for keeping GREENbike’s shared drive organized.
– Documentation Management & Services Renewal: Responsible for ensuring that tax returns, non-profit status, audits and other public paperwork is properly submitted on time. Will verify that all GREENbike sponsors have a signed contract matching existing invoices. Will maintain a list of ongoing services that require annual renewals.
– Other: Depending on the workload of this position, he/she may be asked to submit 5-10 annual foundation grant applications (and corresponding mid-season reports), perform some minor executive assistant functions (scheduling, etc) and help with GREENbike membership fulfillments.
– Proficient in QuickBooks and must be familiar with current accounting rules, protocols and procedures (GAAP)
– Ability to work under pressure and prioritize program needs within their job duties
– Ability to work positively and professionally in a variety of circumstances
– Creative, motivated and positive personality with the ability to follow directions
– 1-5 years accounting experience required (non-profit experience preferred)
– HR and benefits administration experience preferred