The Living Planet Aquarium is an AZA accredited 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides the community with countless educational opportunities to understand and respect our precious Earth and its living ecosystems, from the Utah deserts and mountains, to rain forest habitats, to the planet’s vast oceans. Working at The Living Planet Aquarium is more than just a job, it is purpose-driven work. We need exceptionally talented and hardworking team members to join us on our mission of inspiring people to explore, discover and learn about Earth’s diverse ecosystems. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, PTO, Holiday Pay, New Child Leave, Aquarium Memberships and passes, and much more.
Position: Group Sales and Events Sales Administrator
Reports To: Sales Manager
Summary: Under the direction of the Group Sales Manager, the Group Sales and Events Sales Administrator supports and oversees a wide variety of programs, including: corporate, private, and sponsor benefit events; and proposals; in addition to the development and implementation of additional revenue-generating programs. Accurate and timely communication to public inquiries, onsite Guests and Team Members in various departments, is integral to this position. The Group Sales and Events Sales Administrator will model organizational skills, an outstanding work ethic, and excellent people skills. In addition, this position supports LLPA’s mission to inspire others to explore, discover and learn about earth’s diverse ecosystems while implementing the Five Keys Quality Standards: Safety, Courtesy, Show, Education and Efficiency.
Primary Responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Support Group Sales Manager in program development, process creation, and the implementation of sales programs
– Support Group Sales Manager in data entry, document creation, work orders, production schedules, correspondence, scheduling onsite tours, and special projects
– With the Group Sales Manager and events team for coordination and implementation of events.
– Support Marketing of programs offerings
– Act as Salesforce Administrator for Sales Department
– Use Salesforce to manage and track inbound leads; run reports; screen potential clients, and keep contact with corporate members
– Collect, code and prepare invoices for accounting
– Prepare event contracts and assist with all aspects of sending and receiving approved contracts
– Use Salesforce and work with Marketing Department to promote sales programs and disseminate information
– Respond to inbound leads in a positive and timely manner
– Use Galaxy database system to schedule events; create orders, print tickets, and take payment for sales programs
– Maintain and communicate accurate and current event information to department leads and frontline staff to accommodate the delivery of sales program benefits
– Communicate calendars of group events and facility rentals to Aquarium staff
– Conduct site tours for potential clients
– Monitor website to promote sales programs and keep request form content current
– Assist in developing relationships within community and local businesses to outreach, attract and gain new corporate members and sales program participants
– Communicate clearly and effectively through phone, email and personal contact
– Work closely with Third Party Concessionaires to schedule and host facility rentals and group events promoting Icon as the in-house caterer
– Demonstrate full knowledge of corporate membership benefits and sales programs
– Share in the day-to-day operations of the Sales Department including signature events, planning meetings and event scheduling
– Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications: Education:
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales & Marketing, or related field preferred
– Strong computer software skills
– Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Exceptional organizational and systems building skills
– Attention to detail
– Experience working with database management
– Outgoing, friendly, strong interpersonal skills
– Commitment to a high level of customer service
– Ability to build positive relationships with potential clients
– Willing to execute day-to-day tasks and work independently
– Ability to follow through, cooperate and work as part of a team
Physical Demands of the Job:
This job requires extended periods of standing and walking as wells as periods of sitting with data entry. Weekends, weeknights, holidays and over time is a potential on occasion.
Special Working Conditions:
Work may be performed around water, salt, power tools, and animals
Work may be performed at off-site locations, at night and or on weekends
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. LLPA does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply: Please submit an application at our website using the link below.
Compensation Type: Hourly wages
Status: Full Time
Location: Draper, UT