COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
Job Summary:The Market & Administrative Manager is responsible for all logistics, planning, and operations implementation for farmers markets produced by UFCU along with general organizational management under the purview of the Executive Director. Broadly, this includes vendor relations, staff management, event and program management, and UFCU operations management.
Primary Responsibilities: Market Vendor Relations:
● Manage vendor applications and selection
● Manage vendor training and ongoing correspondence
● Create and manage grievance procedures and practices
● Cultivate vendor recruitment and retention
● Directly supervise Waste Wise Coordinator, Market Support Staff, Market Kids Club Manager, volunteers
● Oversee and train Market staff at Summer, Tuesday, and Winter Markets
Event and Program Management:
● Contribute to vision, planning, and implementation of all UFCU-related events including: Summer in a Jar, Seed to Supper, Farm Tours, special events at the Market, Eat Local Utah, Market Kids Club, etc.
● Plan and execute Saturday, Tuesday and Winter Farmers Markets
● Participate in Farmers Market Network
UFCU Operations/Administrative Management:
● Coordinate and strategize with Board of Directors
● Assist with marketing and communication
● Maintain records including: financial histories, annual reports, photos, vendor information
● Assist in accounting for the markets and organization including: tracking accounts receivable, invoicing, check
requests, data collection
● Effectively and cooperatively plan and execute fundraising events
● Assist in recruiting and supporting sponsorship partners
● Oversee asset maintenance including: fleet vehicles, warehouse, merchandise, Market operation supplies
● Proficiency (or willingness to be trained) with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs/Sheets/Drive, vendor
management databases, Square payment processing, social media platforms, Joomla web design, TimeWorks webclock, volunteer recruitment sites
● Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
● Ability to act as a spokesperson for Urban Food Connections with vendors and sponsors
● Passion for local food, community, eating locally, sustainable food systems, and farmers markets
● Ability to lift 50 lbs and to complete physical tasks in an outdoor environment, regardless of weather
4 year degree required, previous farmers market or event management experience preferred.
Benefits / Why Work for Us: Matching 401K option
Health and dental benefits
Paid holiday, sick, and vacation time
How to Apply: To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and list of references to Carson Chambers – email@example.com