Salary/Wage: $17.50-20.00 hourly based on experience.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for promoting the programs and services of the Utah Clean Cities (UCC) through press releases, social media, website, and marketing with a focus on writing, editing, and managing content for promotional materials, both in digital and print. The Marketing and Communications Specialist will work with the Project Manager and Executive Director to craft consistent messaging to effectively communicate the goals, vision, and purpose of UCC to the community. This position will also be responsible for brand management and work with the Project Manager to expand the communications plan for the organization based on UCC branding and communications standards.
– Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all press materials for UCC programs and activities.
– Maintain all social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
– Work collaboratively with colleagues across teams to assemble information and images, edit and write copy, and prepare promotional materials including e-newsletters, printed materials, press releases, and online content including the website.
– Contract with graphic designers to facilitate the creation of materials for all UCC graphic materials.
– Develop and communicate project timelines across the UCC programs and ensure deadlines are met.
– Lead the video editing and video storytelling of what UCC programs consist of
– Create, manage, and expand distribution lists for promotion of materials including media, local artists, community councils, internal city stakeholders/departments, city council liaisons, and community organizations and partners, and publications.
– Update and manage UCC website
– Work with UCC staff to identify marketing opportunities and manage agreements and contracts related to marketing and sponsorship efforts.
– Monitor analytics and make suggestions for improving content, delivery strategy, and integration with website.
– Manage distribution of print promotional materials in the community.
– Track and archive press mentions and communications collateral.
– Coordinate media at all events, includes working with speakers as well as coordinating press relations
– Work with private partners in the coordination of marketing efforts and collection of media assets.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related area, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education).
– Minimum of three to five years experience in public relations, communications, journalism or related fields.
– Experience in different styles of writing, publishing software packages and advertising concepts may be preferred.
– Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with high accuracy.
– Strong positive interpersonal and customer service skills, including relationship building
– Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks to meet varying and often competing deadlines.
– Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
– Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; WordPress and/or Mail-chimp or other e-mail marketing software.
– Previous experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications
Other preferred experience:
– Educational background in transportation, planning, nonprofit work
– Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience with content creation in photo, video, or graphic design
This is a part time non-benefited position. 25-30 hours weekly.
$17.50-20.00 hourly based on experience.
This position is primarily in-office, but requires on site presence at events, festivals, workshops, community meetings, press events etc. May require extended hours during events and occasional weekends and evenings.