COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Job Summary: The Marketing Communications Manager’s primary focus will be conceptualizing and executing ideas for creatively promoting JCC programs and membership through a variety of platforms including website and app maintenance, social media, video production, email marketing, electronic newsletters, and press releases. By effectively writing copy to market our programs externally (in the community) and internally (to our members), the Marketing Communications Manager is the voice of the JCC and will help guide the strategy for communications, media, marketing, and public relations in order to clearly and consistently articulate the JCC’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities: • The Marketing Communications Manager works independently and in team context to assure that information developed to promote the JCC reflects an understanding of the needs of the population to whom it is directed while being timely, accurate, and of high quality.
• Work with Director of Marketing, the Executive Director and JCC department staff to create and implement JCC strategic marketing plan.
• Write and edit copy for print collateral, online content, promotional material, press releases, radio spots, and other general advertising platforms.
• Work to increase JCC brand awareness and membership, and to promote JCC products, events and services to targeted audiences.
• Lead role in social media marketing including strategy development, updates, and understanding/tracking web and social media analytics.
• Video production for all JCC projects and departments.
• Work to maintain brand, vision and voice consistency across all platforms.
• Develop and cultivate television, radio, and print media contacts and opportunities in order to maximize advertising opportunities.
• Outside outreach to generate sales of JCC memberships and programs and giving to the JCC across various platforms and mediums
• Attend meetings and JCC events as requested and as appropriate for performance of duties.
Desired Qualifications: • Good sense of organizational agility
• Maintains a positive attitude and an extremely strong work ethic
• Manages multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meets deadlines, and works well under pressure
• Ability to work independently/self-sufficiently to complete tasks, but also works well in small teams and with JCC staff
• Desire to learn and acquire new skills
• Detail-oriented, and possesses a high level of pride in workmanship
• Creative thinker with innovative ideas
• Good sense of humor
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years work experience in marketing, design, communications, or PR
• Excellent writing, research and analysis, editing and proofreading skills
• Web development and daily maintenance of website
• Experience with analytic measurement programs and email and online marketing
• Proficiency in producing, scripting, shooting, and editing short videos
• Demonstrable understanding of and experience in traditional marketing and communications processes, as well as new/social media
• Graphic design skills preferred
• Experience with still photography a plus
Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Acrobat
Benefits / Why Work for Us: The I.J. & Jeanné Wagner Jewish Community Center is non-profit, charitable organization. It is a fully inclusive center open to everyone. There is no requirement or expectation for either staff or members to be Jewish. The JCC is comprised of various departments: Early Childhood Center, Health & Fitness Center (gymnasium, weight room, group fitness, indoor & outdoor pools), Youth & Teen (summer camp and afterschool programs), Private Events & Rentals, Community Programming and Development. The Marketing Department is responsible for the marketing needs of all departments and center itself.
The Marketing Department is small with a continuous workflow. Though marketing for all the departments can seem daunting, it makes for an exciting and diverse workplace in terms of events, style and programs. We also pride ourselves on being innovative and open to new ideas.
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Sandi Raines, Marketing Director: email@example.com