HOLLADAY ARTS COUNCIL is accepting entries from amateur musicians through Wednesday, May 1st at midnight.
Applications are also available as hard copies at the City Hall reception desk (4580 S 2300 E) or may be printed from the website.
What is Music Fest?
Music Fest is a friendly musical competition for eight acts performed by individuals or groups of up to five members. The concert will be held at the outdoor pavilion on Friday, June 29th from 7-10 PM. Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places; winners will be determined by the audience.
Entry Instructions — Please read first!
Entries from amateur musicians only
• Holladay Arts is committed to representing a broad range of musical artists; an artist does not have to reside in the City of Holladay to participate.
• Eligibility: age 16 and over, musical groups up to five musicians, and must upload a link to a short video clip to enter. (Digital link preferred, but groups may submit a thumb drive or CD in person — must label clearly!) No sing-along Karaoke. Music does not have to be original and can be cover songs.
• The registration deadline is Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 at midnight. Applications will be reviewed by a committee, and applicants will be notified by May 15th as to whether they have been accepted.
• $20 payment is required at the time of registration. No refunds.
• Musicians must provide their own instruments, including keyboards, but all sound equipment will be provided, monitored, and operated by Taylor Audio.
• Performance time is limited to 10 minutes (equivalent to 2-3 songs per group or single performer).
• Cash prizes will be $100, $75 and $50 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. In the event of a tie, both will receive equal cash awards.
• Winners will be determined by the volume of applause using the average of three decibel meters distributed throughout the venue.
• Holladay Arts reserves the right to reproduce all images using digital technology of the artist’s performance in promotional materials for the Holladay Arts Council.
• Holladay Arts reserves the right to interview the winner(s) after the show to include in podcasts and be posted on the Holladay Arts Council web page for promotional purposes.
Registration Fee: $20 which is non refundable; applicants will be notified by May 15th as to whether they have been accepted.