How to Apply: Apply online at https://craftlakecity.com/join-us/
Job Description: Craft Lake City is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, promote and inspire local artisans while elevating the creative culture of the Utah arts community through science, technology and art. Craft Lake City’s flagship event is the annual DIY Festival held each year in August. We also offer year-round programming that includes workshops, exhibitions, and other special events.
Craft Lake City’s Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning, progression and successful execution of the 2019 DIY Festival. The Project Coordinator is incredibly organized, a natural leader, a clear communicator, and team player with an interest in supporting Utah’s creative community.
– Manage a timeline and project plan for the 11th Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival
– Understand the larger mission and key project milestones of the DIY Festival, and then break down the event into smaller tasks to be completed by specific departments
– Clearly communicate deadlines and duties to each Festival department, and hold those departments accountable for their deliverables
– Attend weekly department meetings
– Frequently meet and collaborate with Craft Lake City staff members to achieve project goals
– Train new staff as needed
– Work on-site before, during and after the DIY Festival to ensure that the event runs smoothly
– Assist with post-Festival wrap-up projects as needed
– Exceptional project management skills
– Excellent ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Efficient in ability to document, manage, monitor and track data
– Leadership and/or management experience preferred
– Experience with tools such as Google Drive, Asana or Airtable a plus
– Direct experience with project management or nonprofit administration a plus
– Seasonal contract position (January-October 2019) with the potential to become year round position for the right candidate.
– Approximately 30-40 hours a week with increased hours in July and August
– Must be available to work extended hours at the DIY Festival from August 9-11, 2019.
Location: Salt Lake City