COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Salary: $38,000 + annual
Job Description: Preservation Utah (previously known as Utah Heritage Foundation) seeks qualified applications for the role of Public Outreach Director on the employed team. This key staff position is responsible for leading the team in three areas: marketing, promotion and public engagement; event planning and management; and public education. The person in this position will lead the organization’s brand and reputation engagement, and tell the stories that connect people with historic places and the work of Preservation Utah. This is a position vacancy, not a new position.
Position: Public Outreach Director
Opening: To be filled immediately
Deadline: Open until filled
Employer: Preservation Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Status: Full-time, exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with some weekday evenings and Saturdays required
Benefits: Employer covered health plan; SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with match; Paid holidays; Paid annual and medical leave
Applicants must be professional, energetic, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to work with committees. Work environment is typical of that which is a nonprofit in a small office with a small staff.
Applicants are preferred to have a background of 2-3 years minimum in marketing and promotion, event planning and management, graphic design, and/or delivering high quality customer service. Applicants must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and have advanced computer skills including Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat), Microsoft Office Suite, Google G-Suite, and social media channels. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director.
Marketing, Promotion and Public Engagement
• Serve as staff lead for marketing and public engagement through annually developing and managing a PR and marketing schedule.
• Produce print and e-mail newsletters.
• Write and distribute press releases. Establish and facilitate media relationships.
• Coordinate marketing and PR opportunities for around events and advocacy issues.
• Speak to special interest and public groups on an ongoing basis about the work of Preservation Utah.
• Serve as lead staff for the coordination and use of Preservation Utah social media channels.
• Responsible for logistics planning and management (catering, facilities, program, registration) for major events, in advance and on day-of the event, including Heritage Awards, Historic Homes Tour, Salt Lake Modern Tour, and Utah Preservation Conference.
• Marketing and promotion of all events via traditional PR, social media, and organizational outlets.
• Responsible for adhering to event budgets and overall organization budget.
• Work with Heritage Awards Jury, events committees, Salt Lake Modern Committee, and Board of Trustees to produce events.
• Develop and manage projects that will improve and expand public education programs.
• For tours, work and or with lead staff to solicit and secure homes, conduct and coordinate research for the program, and coordinate promotional collateral and day-of-tour materials.
• Manage and expand the Utah Heritage Walks tour app offerings.
• Serve as the lead staff for coordination of field documentation workshops as needed.
• Establish “Power of Place” as our regularly offered free public education series.
• Coordinate the hosting of other special events as needed.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kirk Huffaker, Executive Director, with Attn: Public Outreach Director on the cover page or in the subject line, at email@example.com or by U.S. Mail to Preservation Utah, 375 N. Canyon Rd., Salt Lake City, UT 84103.
Location: Salt Lake City
Status: Full time, exempt
How to Apply: See above.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Your Website: Visit organizational website.