Job Description: The Education Department at Tracy Aviary seeks a mature, highly motivated educator experienced with nature program facilitation and evaluation to join its Education Team for a seasonal educator position.
The duties of this position will involve preparation and facilitation of nature programs focused on the Jordan River. It will also include networking with communities near the future site of Tracy Aviary’s Jordan River Nature Center to determine how people already interact with the Jordan River and what additional opportunities to connect with the River they would like.
This position has an approximately 30-40 hour work week. We seek candidates who are able to start April 30, 2019, and end no sooner than August 15, 2019.
Wage: $9 per hour
• Nature program facilitation and curriculum development experience
• Basic knowledge of child development
• Experience collecting, entering, and analyzing data
• Experience in effective communication, both in person and through phone and email
• Demonstrated interest in a career in the field of Education
• Demonstrated interest in nature and ecology
• Effective in working well collaboratively and managing time efficiently
• Highly motivated and innovative, well organized, eager to take on new tasks and meet commitments
• Ability to work full-time for the entire season between April 30, 2019 and August 15, 2019.
Additional and Preferred Qualifications
• A bachelor’s degree in education, natural resources, environmental studies, conservation, biology, zoology or related field from an approved college or university. Applicants still working toward a degree will be considered.
• Knowledge about regional birds, avian ecology, natural history of the area
• Certification in CPR and First Aid
• Skills in presenting to mixed age groups
• Proficiency in word processing, layout, and editing
• Familiarity with learning assessment tools and strategies
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
How to Apply: Applications are being accepted immediately. No telephone calls please. Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Anne Terry, Jordan River Nature Center Site Manager, at email@example.com.