Job Summary: Responsible for planning and executing the annual fundraising goal each fiscal year, Development Committee liaison, donor stewardship, major grant writing and donor cultivation; and events and special campaigns.
Primary Responsibilities: General Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring that the organization achieves fundraising goals.
• Create and implement an annual fundraising plan detailing how the organization can obtain financial support, e.g. the funding pipeline. The plan will identify sources such as individuals, grants, events, government funding opportunities, and corporate investors.
• Build a larger donor base and ensure effective fundraising for long-term organizational stability
• Oversee fundraising efforts. research foundations and government funding opportunities, write and/or edit grants. Research corporations and prepare corporate funding plan and oversee or implement other fundraising strategies.
• Lead the cultivation and solicitation of the organization’s prospects for gift opportunities and work with staff to develop the most appropriate means for contacting prospects.
• Work closely with the operations, exhibits, and education departments to understand all program and community outreach activities in order to pursue necessary funding and to better aligning donor interests with projects.
• Coordinate all direct mail solicitations, including organizing lists, and working with marketing as necessary to ensure distribution.
• Oversee all aspects of donor database to maintain database system integrity and accuracy.
• Provide funding analyses, reports, and projections as needed, e.g. funding pipeline and monthly revenue tracking/forecasts.
• Prepare, submit and manage grant proposals and reports to government and foundation sources.
• Be proactive in researching potential grant writing proposals and manage the analysis of opportunities.
• Coordinate with the finance department, operations and education staff to gather and analyze necessary financial and statistical information and overall grant reporting criteria as required by donors, such as progress and evaluation reports.
• Maintain calendar for reports, proposals, and other activities, and inform staff as appropriate.
• Lead stewardship of current and past donors, identify potential upgrades of past gift levels, cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective and current donors, ensure appropriate donor recognition.
• Ensure that all donor benefits and recognition are properly coordinated and implemented, including communication efforts (press releases and print media), signage, special donor receptions, and other efforts as appropriate.
• Ensures that the museum is included in workplace giving/federated campaigns (as appropriate), and tabling at employee events as needed.
• Guide development committee and staff with planning and execution of annual events including the Children’s Festival and Bumblebee Bash. Responsible for tracking the overall event budget, program, catering, décor and permitting and overseeing solicitation of silent auction items with committee members.
• Provide stewardship to event sponsors and patrons.
• As a member of the Leadership team, responsible for guiding development department strategic plans, coordinate planning and for monitoring performance against plans.
• Attend and be prepared to report at quarterly board meetings, executive committee meetings and others as needed.
• Support and maintain a high degree of staff morale.
• Ability to communicate effectively and accurately represent the organization to internal and external constituencies.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
• Strong public relations skills with the ability to conduct energetic tours and speak with individuals and corporate donors.
• Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to Jwilson@discoverygateway.org
Compensation Type: Annual salary
Status: Full Time
Location: Salt lake city