Job Summary: Craft Lake City’s Social Media Coordinator is collaborative, interested in local DIY culture, passionate about the nonprofit arts sector, and has a gift for creating clear and creative messaging for diverse audiences. The Social Media Coordinator will become intimately familiar with Craft Lake City’s programming, and will continually innovate and improve upon our ability to create mission-driven communications that resonate with the community. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for social media efforts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on behalf of Craft Lake City– they will also create blog content and oversee the organizations’ e-newsletter.
– Overseeing social media and blog content on behalf of Craft Lake City
– Manage a social media schedule and pre-plan content
– Update and create content for the Craft Lake City Blog
– Represent the organization via online networking groups and forums to help spread the word about our events and mission
-Attend Craft Lake City events to create “live” content & compile content for postings
– Focus on finding ways to increase our organic reach on all platforms
– Create social media content as needed
– Coordinating Craft Lake City’s monthly e-newsletter
– Stay current with social media best practices, algorithms, etc.
– Experienced in building followers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
– Content creation skills: graphic design, photography, videography, and/or video editing
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– A passion for writing and creative storytelling
– Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
– A keen eye for detail
– Organized and efficient inability to document, manage, monitor and track data
– Exceptional customer service skills when dealing with both colleagues and partners
– Experience with workflow and information management tools such as Google Drive, Asana or Airtable a plus
– Ability to respond positively to criticism, to self-reflect, and to change directions when necessary
– Willingness to go above and beyond in order to make things happen
– Direct experience with or education in marketing or public relations would be a preferred
-Ability to work 10-20 hours per week (including weekends)
– Split this time working in-office and remotely, at home or from events, as needed.
– Ability to work extended hours at the DIY Festival from August 7-9, 2020
– Must have your own laptop and a smartphone that can access the latest social media apps.
Craft Lake City is an equal opportunity employer. Craft Lake City will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin or sex.
Primary Responsibilities: See above.
Desired Qualifications: See above.
Benefits / Why Work for Us: – Flexible Schedule
– Free yoga on Thursday mornings at the Craft Lake City office
– Satisfaction of representing an organization that uplifts the creative culture in Utah at cool local events
– Amazing office culture & co-workers
How to Apply: See all of our available job postings & apply here: