Job Description: Craft Lake City is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, promote and inspire local artisans while elevating the creative culture of the Utah arts community through science, technology and art. Craft Lake City’s flagship event is the annual DIY Festival held each year in August. We also offer year-round programming that includes workshops, exhibitions, and other special events.
Craft Lake City’s Sponsorship Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Craft Lake City executive director in soliciting, securing, and managing sponsorships and partnerships for the 2019 Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival. This role is ideal for an individual who is friendly, detail-oriented, interested in local DIY culture, and passionate about supporting a small nonprofit arts organization through sales efforts and data-driven projects.
– Support Craft Lake City management in outreach to potential sponsors for the 2019 DIY Festival
– Follow up with potential sponsors via email and phone calls on behalf of the Executive Director
– Track all sponsorship information in Craft Lake City’s database, including solicitation efforts, communications, outcomes and deliverables
– Assist Craft Lake City staff in drafting sponsorship agreements
– Review marketing materials to ensure that sponsors are recognized appropriately
– Serve as a Craft Lake City team member and sponsorship contact on-site at the 2019 DIY Festival
– Assist Craft Lake City with sponsorship-related wrap-up reports and projects after the DIY Festival
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Exceptional customer service abilities
– Organized and efficient in ability to document, manage, monitor and track data
– Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
– A keen eye for detail
– Experience with tools such as Google Drive, Asana or Airtable a plus
– Direct experience with sales or nonprofit development a plus
– Seasonal, part-time position
– Requires approximately 10-20 hours per week from January-June
-Increased hours in July and August
– Must be available to work extended hours at the DIY Festival from August 9-11, 2019.
Location: Salt Lake City