Job Title: Visitor Services Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Designation: Full-time, non-exempt, 30+ hours per week, Pay range: 12-15/hour
The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art seeks a proactive self-starter with an enthusiasm and passion for both contemporary art and administrative responsibilities to assume the position of Visitor Services Coordinator.
The Visitor Services Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for gallery attending, as well as visitor services functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Primary Front Desk: To serve as a UMOCA ambassador, greet the public, provide security, interpret the exhibitions (when requested), complete Art Shop transactions (art work by local consignment artists, memberships, donations, etc.), answer the phone and direct calls to the appropriate department/staff member, and keep the space in professional order. Responsible for opening and closing the museum and are on-call staff on duty during open hours,
· COVID compliance and cleaning: The visitor services position is responsible for UMOCA’s compliance with CDC and OSHA guidelines regarding maintaining a safe space. This position is responsible for both in the morning and at closure and serves as the primary contact for building and facility needs, including scheduling janitorial services, acts as a liaison to the county for repairs and assists, as needed in additional COVID related spot cleaning.
(temporary limited scope) Events: The Visitor Services Coordinator will coordinate all events (currently limited and/or by appointment) including county compliance, permits, set-up and take-down, and when needed, food preparation. As the primary contact for all outside rentals, this position acts as the single point of contact helping with building logistics and scheduling.
· Education: This position will assist with some COVID specific education projects, including Art Everyday and virtual Art Truck lesson plans. Additionally, this position will help with additional museum specific projects, as needed.
Job Functions Currently on Hold:
Due to COVID, our volunteer program is currently on hold. Outside of those restrictions, the Visitor Services Coordinator oversees all volunteers. They are responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training, maintaining, and managing the volunteer and intern programs.
· Art Shop: The Visitor Services Coordinator manages the Art Shop. That includes seeking out artists for the shop, keeping track of inventory, and acting as the primary contact between Art Shop artists and UMOCA.
· A degree in a relevant field of study (e.g., art, art history, art education, administration, small business management or other relevant field of study)
· Three years of experience managing or assistant managing an office or department, customer service.
· Able to work independently, proactive, high EQ, and a self-starter. Candidate must have excellent strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Systems (including Word, Windows, Excel), some Mac operating systems