COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
Salary: $34,000 – $35,000 starting salary
Job Description: We are recruiting for a full time Volunteer Coordinator. Located in the heart of Ogden, Utah, the Ogden Nature Center is an award-winning 152-acre nature preserve and education center. The Ogden Nature Center offers a wide variety of classes & workshops for all ages, summer camps, plus hiking trails, live animal exhibits, self guided experiences, great community events and more.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of our work at the Ogden Nature Center: from stewardship of our nature preserve, habitat restoration and invasive weed management, environmental education, to event management. Over 2,000 people of all ages volunteer at the Ogden Nature Center each year.
• Recruiting, retaining and supervising volunteers of all ages
• Organizing group projects and overseeing activities such as bulk mailings, Eagle Scout projects, gardening and more
• Taking a lead role in habitat restoration and invasive weed management
• Record keeping and report writing
• Special event support
• Developing and nurturing community partnerships
• Public speaking and representing the Ogden Nature Center at community events
• Coordinating a summer “Volunteen” program for 13-16 year olds
• Organizing an annual volunteer recognition event
• Other duties as assigned
• College graduate, or nearing completion of a college degree
• Enjoy working with people of all ages and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be articulate, with good speaking and writing skills
• Highly organized
• Computer proficient (Word, Excel, email, databases)
• Experience in habitat restoration and invasive species management a plus
• Interest in conservation and environmental education
• Love working and being outdoors
• Health Insurance and Simple IRA retirement plan with company match
• $34,000-$35,000 starting salary depending on experience
• Generous paid leave time, plus paid holidays and additional paid vacation days
• The opportunity to be a part of a passionate and talented team
• Discounts at the Nest Gift Shop
Must be able to work every other Saturday and occasional evenings
Must be a US citizenship or be a lawful permanent resident
Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Must be able to perform strenuous outdoor work under all weather conditions
Must pass a background check
How to Apply: To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Mary McKinley, Executive Director
or, mail to 966 West 12th Street, Ogden, UT 84404
Closing Date: July 22, 2019
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Job Post Link: Visit additional job posting information.