COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Considered to be one of the finest Carnegie Libraries in the West, this 8,900 square foot library has two levels. Since its opening in 1918, it has been an important part of city services to Westside residents. The Chapman Branch was completely renovated, including an updated HVAC, following the collapse of the roof during 1993. A major remodel of the basement level meeting space in 2002 resulted in a much improved children’s area and expanded service and collection space for adults on the ground level. A small meeting room is available for public use, and free wi-fi access is provided throughout the library. Street parking is available to the south of the building, and an external book drop is located on the east side of the building for returning library materials after hours.