1136 Pioneer Rd, Draper, UT, 84020
Edwin Evans was born in Lehi, Utah and was one of early Utah’s most important painters and teachers. He studied with local artists George Ottinger and Dan Weggeland before going to Paris on an LDS Church “”French Mission”” with other Utah art students including James T. Harwood. At home in Utah, Evans held many positions in teaching and art administration, including the presidencies of both the Society of Utah Artists (1895-1906) and the Utah Art Institute (1904-16); various periods of teaching at the LDS Church School, BYU, and the Art Barn (Salt Lake Art Center). Most importantly, from 1899 to 1919 Evans taught at and was chairman of the University of Utah Department of Art.
View more from the Salt Lake County Collection Here
Medium type: Watercolor
Date created: 1922