Bar/Tavern - Restaurant/Cafe
3200 East Big Cottonwood Canyon Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84121
The Hog Wallow Pub is located kitty-corner to the historic Old Mill ruin at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon. It is the latest reincarnation of the oldest and most notorious bar in the Cottonwood Heights area. Established in 1947 by a returning World War II veteran who converted an abandoned Civilian Conservation Corps bunkhouse into an out of the way watering hole he named The Branding Iron. Over the years the bar has changed names a number of times most notably, The Wagon Wheel, Demete's, The Fox and Bottle Inn and D. J.'s Beer Garden. In 1997 the bar was transformed into The Hog Wallow Pub.