COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
This artwork is located in the garden representing Japan in the International Peace Gardens. The garden was dedicated on July 11, 1950 and features three stone lanterns, shipped to the site from the Emperor’s Palace Garden with the aid of General MacArthur. The Japanese garden was the second garden to be completed and dedicated. Alice Kasai, a lifelong proponent of peace and the oneness of humankind, was a primary founder of the Japanese Peace Garden at Jordan Park.
View more from the Salt Lake City Arts Council Collection here.
Medium type: Marble
Date created: 1950
1060 S 900 W, Salt Lake City, UT, 84104