COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Shuman Park Bell honors John Shuman, one of the first settlers of Tremonton, who in 1903, donated a portion of his homestead for the creation of a community park, known today as Shuman Park. It is also a place of honor for the Town Bell that tolled curfew to children for 25 years, and rang for special occasions or emergencies until being replaced by an electric siren in 1936. The Tremonton City Library, built in 1927, sits on the southwest portion of the park property where the bell and monument were erected on July 24, 1970. The bell and monument were relocated from the front of the library to its current location in July 2014.
Medium type: Bronze
210 N Tremont St, Tremonton, UT, 84337