Named after BYU's fourth president, Franklin S. Harris, who served as president of BYU for 24 years and organized the College of Fine Arts in 1925. The center has five performance halls, including the Gerrit de Jong Concert Hall, named for the first dean of the college. Renowned acoustician Harvey Fletcher designed the hall. There are four additional theatres, four art galleries, fifty-three practice rooms, and nine pipe organs. It also has 150 other spaces used as media classrooms, computer labs, rehearsal facilities, and studios/offices. More than three hundred annual performances and exhibits draw patrons to the center. The center houses the School of Music, Department of Theatre and Media Arts, Department of Visual Arts, BYU Broadcasting, and Division of Design and Production.
Franklin S. Harris Fine Arts Center, Campus Drive & Heritage Drive, Provo, UT 84604
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE