COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Wat Dhammagunaram was incorporated as a Buddhist temple in 1975, with the assistance of monks from the Wat Buddhawanarum in Denver. The congregation was started by immigrants from Thailand, most of whom came to Utah the 1970s. Many were the wives of American servicemen, especially airmen from Hill Air Force Base. Thai immigrants recognized the need for traditional religious services, which are typically conducted by monks in the Theravada Buddhist tradition.
The first home for the temple was a small home located in the city of Ogden. Due to the limited size of this facility and the Thai community’s affiliation with Air Force personnel, large services and celebrations were often held at the Hill AFB chapel.
The congregation decided to purchase their present church building and remodel the facility for their use. The current location of the Wat Dhammagunaram was consecrated in 1995. While members of the congregation are predominantly Thai, there are also Laotian and Cambodian members.
644 East 1000 North, Layton, UT 84041
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE