Salary: $20-25 per hour based on experience
Job Description: Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, a non-profit corporation founded in 1964 and based at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center in downtown Salt Lake City, seeks a reliable, hourly bookkeeping assistant. Candidate must be efficient in QuickBooks account system, have some experience preparing organizational reports for an annual audit, preparation of budgets for grant proposals, other statistical reports as they relate to the Company finances, as well as some payroll experience. Ririe-Woodbury has a small staff and a large group of contractors. Candidate must possess strong communication skills, proven ability to produce accurate and highly detailed work, and the ability to meet deadlines. Position reports directly to the Executive Director and Bookkeeper.
Bookkeeping department is responsible for maintaining all Company financial records. This includes adherence to grants/contracts, state and federal financial regulations and reporting requirements, payroll, and development of budgets in coordination with the Executive Director and other departments a needed.
Position Department Responsibilities:
● Manage administrative and operational accounting services such as fee
for service, payroll, and accounts payable
● Prepare, enter, and reconcile financial transactions
● Reconcile bank accounts, credit card statements, etc.
● Prepare adjust, reconciling and closing entries each month, quarter, and year
● Coordinate and lead the annual audit process and liaise with external auditors
● Bank deposits
● Prepare quarterly reports for Executive Director and Board of Trustees
● Maintain proper contract management process and protocols
● Prepare and send invoices when needed
● Prepare budgets for Company grant applications
● Communicate and present critical financial matters
● Stay up to date on non-profit reporting to government entities
● Maintain an understanding of the organization and the budget funding effects
● Receive and verify vendor/contract and invoices
● Business or Accounting degree required
● Minimum of three years bookkeeping experience
● QuickBooks proficient
● Accounting in non-profit experience strongly preferred
● Excel proficient
Applicants must and able to pass a background check.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
How to Apply: Email resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use Subject Line: Subject: Assistant Bookkeeper – Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company
Closing Date: Until Filled
Additional information: https://ririewoodbury.com/about/employment-auditions/assistant-bookkeeper