The Company Manager is responsible for the hospitality, arrival, residency and departure of all seasonal company members and all education programs involving guest artists such as the Shakespeare tour and Shakespeare competition. They assist in coordinating transportation and lodging as well as non-work related needs of all seasonal company members. They work directly and indirectly with the community, business leaders, USF Board of Governors, producers, area directors, production supervisors and other USF departments. They complete other tasks as requested.
Primary Responsibilities: 1. Oversee the company management office and company management assistants and create a welcoming environment for employees and guest artists.
2. Recruit, hire and train seasonal company management assistants, and coordinate housing and other duties for the Festival’s WREP program.
3. Coordinate seasonal arrivals, check-in, key distribution, mail delivery, company parties, checkout, and departures, for all company members.
4. Coordinate company-provided beverage supplies (coffee, tea, etc) during rehearsal period to all production studios and rehearsal spaces.
5. Receive and deliver all AEA/Director/Designer furnishings and supplies as required by the Actor’s Equity Association or other union contractual agreements.
6. Assist in transportation and coordination for work and non-work-related injuries and illnesses including workmen’s compensation and follow up care for all seasonal company members.
7. Procure Festival housing and furnishings for all seasonal employees.
8. Create and maintain details records of housing needs and available rentals and provide detailed information for planning and budgeting.
9. Coordinate housing utilities and services (gas, electric, cable, internet and telephone). Including activation and shut off dates with utility companies in consultation with the USF business office.
10. Report and follow through on all maintenance issues with contracted landlords.
11. Oversee Festival-owned housing in coordination with USF Facilities.
12. Collect, manage and keep detailed records of all housing deposits, including ensuring the prompt and accurate refunding of deposits.
13. Coordinate pet housing and any related pet issues including the collection of the pet housing fee.
14. Coordinate the use and/or rental of furniture and its return at the conclusion of each season.
15. Coordinate housing for Words33, visiting directors and designers, and other USF guests.
16. Return keys to all appropriate landlords and USF facilities department after company departure.
17. Coordinate and supervise the cleaning of all housing units, whether rented or owned, after the departure of company member(s).
18. Maintain housing work orders along with status checkout forms in consultation with contracted landlords.
19. Procure lodging, travel, per diem and meeting space for all Festival planning, concept and production conferences.
20. Develop, submit, and manage an annual operating budget for the Company Management office.
21. Night and weekend work required.
22. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Must have strong customer service skills.
2. Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of relevant experience.
3. Must be a highly organized, detail oriented, problem-solving individual.
4. Must be a diligent worker, team player and work well under pressure.
5. Must accept and embrace working in an artist services environment and willingness to work collaboratively in a busy theatre-producing culture.
6. Must be willing to interface with artists, staff, production, university personnel as well as the local business community.
7. Must have a good working knowledge of computers, email, Word, Excel and Access
8. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Benefits / Why Work for Us: Tony Award-winning professional theatre company
Located in Cedar City, in the heart of Utah’s national parks
Excellent benefits including health and retirement.
How to Apply: bard.org/employment
Compensation Type: Annual salary
Closing Date: 2/1/20
Status: Full Time
Location: Cedar City