KUER seeks an experienced database manager to provide critical oversight and deployment of KUER’s donor database. This position reports to the Director of Development, but works collaboratively with Manager of Individual Giving and the fundraising and marketing teams to achieve core fundraising objectives. Key priorities include overall maintenance, data-integrity and security and strong analytical skills to help KUER provide excellent donor-service while meeting our fundraising objectives.
Primary Responsibilities: • Responsible for donor database maintenance, ensuring data integrity and platform functionality and deployment of new resources
• Processes custom reports for donor stewardship and solicitation at all giving levels
• Assist with major donor data maintenance, including gift processing, data entry, renewals and thank you letters
• Communicates with database vendor to ensure fixes, resolve system errors and manage updates
• Manages monthly gift processing including sustainer payments, annual renewal data, and billing
• Builds and maintains pledge pages for all digital donation sources, including web, app, and email
• Constructs all campaign codes documenting on-air fundraising, donation sources, and premiums
• Manages online donor module, ensuring effective platform usability and deployment of assets
• Complies and provides data for accounting upon request
• Collects and submits benchmark data
• Evaluates campaign effectiveness, provides insight and strategic thinking, statistical analysis
• Enters and maintains monthly donation records of all gifts processed through the central development office payroll, donor advised, and direct mail
• In partnership with the manager of individual giving, regularly processes reports for station leadership measuring membership revenue and fundraising projections
• Trains new staff on database usability and University of Utah gift processing practices
• Provide coverage and back-up for the donor-services team, if needed
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Desired Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of managing complex donor databases, with an emphasis on a monthly giving.
• Extensive donor software database experience, including but not limited to: handling of PCI compliance and integration of web and third-party interfaces, and data security
• Demonstrated knowledge of data-driven fundraising tactics
• Proven skills in SQL, Excel, CVS files and able to build custom queries
• Proven skills in writing, customer service communication and strategic thinking
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner under deadline pressures
• Experience managing a nonprofit donor database with monthly gift processing
• Preference for public media experience
• Experience in data mapping and analysis
• Ability to work effectively with people throughout a large organization
• Basic coding skills
• Experience in email marketing platforms, data-integration with third-party platforms, and ways to build efficiencies in data processing.
Benefits / Why Work for Us: KUER is Utah’s largest public radio station, dedicated to providing the best in local, national and international news and information to all citizens of the state. We’re a dynamic and growing team, focused on collaboration and collective achievements to strengthen the station and serve its mission. This is full-time, benefited position, within the University of Utah.
How to Apply: Please apply through the UU’s online employment portal.
Compensation Type: Annual salary
Salary/Wage: Based on Experience
Closing Date: open until filled
Status: Full Time
Location: University of Utah