Gifted Music School seeks a dynamic and innovative Director of Development to join our passionate and committed team. This is an excellent opportunity to lead fundraising strategies in a well-established and highly respected organization to continue the aggressive growth of recent years. The ideal candidate will work to develop a cutting-edge fundraising plan with innovative ideas that include short and long-term fundraising goals, targeting individual donors, corporations, and foundations. They will be directly responsible for raising the necessary funding to sustain and grow the current $900k budget, to enhance the school’s ability to achieve its ambitious goals.
Competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Development of Donor Revenue
- Responsibility for donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Identifies opportunities to introduce high net worth donors to the organization.
- Works to create individual major gift naming opportunities.
- Writes grant proposals to foundations and corporations.
- Builds and ensures implementation of the Corporate Partner program, including speaking engagements, campaigns, and general communication.
- Increases online donations and effectively manages mail campaigns.
- Maintaining Current Donor Pool
- Maintaining regular contact with donors through organizational activities as well as more personalized contact opportunities with larger donors.
- Providing feedback to donors on the accurate expenditure of any restricted funding.
- Organizes and manages donor recognition events and opportunities.
- Maintains files for corporate and strategic partners and updates relationship status.
- Analysis and Reporting on all Donations
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate and current records for all donors and prospects.
- Analyzes data and past giving history to enhance effective fundraising tools and to discover new development opportunities.
- Special Events Management
- Organizes gala fundraising events, private concerts and other events
- Recruits corporate, foundation and individual event sponsors, and to move sponsors to increased levels of commitment over time.
- Board Relations
- Works with the Executive Director to inspire board members to achieve financial goals.
- Leads the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Works with board members to develop and assess prospect lists.
- Provides data to inform development meetings.
- Staff Management
- Supervises the work of other development team members and ensures overall coordination of the development work.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in related field preferred.
- Two to three years of fundraising and development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to develop innovative and aggressive fundraising methods.
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to be a high-performance team player.
- Proficient in Google Apps/Microsoft Office and donor database management.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Passion for education and preferably a passion for music and the arts.
- Excellent networking skills.
Step 1) Qualified applicants should email the following application materials to Marianne Downing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of Interest
- Writing Sample
- Three References
Step 2) Upon reviewing your application, the search committee may invite you to interview at Gifted Music School.