ob Summary: Does living in a ski resort community, playing in the mountains and working at a public radio station sound like a dream job? KPCW, the nonprofit radio station in Summit and Wasatch counties, has an opening for Director of Development. Utah’s Wasatch Back is growing, and KPCW is the area’s only source for live, local news. KPCW’s mission is to educate, entertain and inform listeners and turn them into neighbors. The station is also committed to helping all other nonprofits in our community succeed through our broadcast and digital platforms. KPCW is known as the “community campfire” and we encourage residents and visitors to “Listen like a local!”
The Director of Development’s job responsibilities include planning and executing semi-annual on-air pledge drives, developing leads and cultivating future members of the Broadcasters Club, (our major gifts club), creating and growing a membership program, writing and securing grants, maintaining donor databases, and writing newsletters. The Director must be a passionate spokesperson for the power of public radio and professionally represent KPCW within the Park City area by participating in community events.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• A proven track record of fundraising success and goal achievement
• At least two years’ experience in a management/supervisory position that includes budget responsibilities
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, preferably with membership management databases and other platforms
• Proven abilities on social media platforms, specifically Facebook and Instagram
KPCW is offering a competitive salary and compensation package! As our area grows, so does KPCW. We have plans for expanding the station, our staff and our programming. We may be small, but we think BIG. Want to join our team? Send resume to Brittany Schuhmacher, Brittany@kpcw.org.
How to Apply: Want to join our team? Send resume to Brittany Schuhmacher, Brittany@kpcw.org.