Salary: 12.00 an hour
Job Description: Summary: Under the supervision of the Facilities and Exhibits Coordinators, the Facilities and Exhibits Specialist has a “hands on” approach with the fabricating, maintaining, and/or installing exhibit environments and exhibit elements, and also provides assistance with the maintenance of the facility and facility systems.
Employment Classification: Full-time; 40 hrs./week
• Support the department’s operational and strategic plan, including fostering innovation, looking for budget savings, and planning projects.
• Provide maintenance assistance for the facility.
• Assists with the creation and the maintenance of exhibit interactives and elements.
• High school graduate or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred
• Some Building/facilities maintenance experience and/or exhibit design and maintenance in a technical capacity.
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of the trades
• Exhibit flexibility and openness to change in work activities, responsibilities, work schedule/hours including evenings and weekends.
• Experience using tools and performing general repairs and maintenance
• Microsoft Office knowledge a plus (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Must have a Valid UT drivers’ license.
• Ability to work more than a 40-hour week with irregular work hours including nights and weekends when needed.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate needs.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing 50 pounds without assistance.
• Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for extended periods of time.
• Position requires bending, leaning, kneeling, twisting, stooping, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders), and walking.
• Ability to function in a high-pressure environment and to meet stringent deadlines on time.
• Ability to be on-call after hours to respond to emergency situations.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work independently and exhibit initiative to solve problems, including tracking situations until appropriate resolution is achieved
Location: Salt Lake City
Status: Full time
How to Apply: Send Resume to Jwilson@discoverygateway.org