COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
Job Summary: The Gift & Database Manager in Institutional Advancement reports directly to the Director of Advancement Services. The role has two components: the processing and receipting of all gifts that comes to the college (35%) and the maintenance and management of the alumni-donor database (65%).
Primary Responsibilities: Gift Processing
• Processes all gifts that come to the college including pledges and payroll deduction gifts from the faculty and staff of Westminster. The process includes checking and making all biographical changes to the donor’s record.
• Responsible for generating receipt letters that meet IRS requirements for all gifts.
• Maintains records of all gifts and backup that comes with the gifts; works daily with the accounting office to reconcile the gifts that are processed with accounting records and reconciles monthly before the monthly records are closed.
• Responsible for providing copies of all back up and correspondence related to selected gifts, gift voids and adjustments for the annual audit to ensure that there are no issues or concerns reported in the annual audit report as a result of Institutional Advancement’s record keeping.
• Coordinate with staff regarding data that can be captured in the database during the gift processing that will provide them with information they need to do their jobs more efficiently, i.e. solicit method for the Annual Fund to determine most profitable solicitations and linking gifts to tracks on the database to manage prospect giving.
• Manages company matching gift process for their employees that give to Westminster. Add employment information as received to the database so that a donor can be notified that their gift qualifies for a matching gift from the company.
• Serves as the primary contact person for the Institutional Advancement staff to answer requests and questions regarding data housed in the alumni/donor portion of the Colleague database.
• In addition to maintenance of biographical information, oversees the maintenance of other data maintained in the database including, but not limited to, affiliation data, employment data, relationships, awards and honoree data. While not directly responsible for making all updates, this position is responsible for working with appropriate staff to ensure that the data is current.
• Works closely with the staff to determine priorities for data clean-up projects and instructs and oversees student workers doing clean-up projects.
• Generates mailing lists and reports as requested by Advancement and other Westminster staff and faculty as necessary for solicitations, college staff visits, and invitations; ensuring that the lists are current, accurate and formatted appropriately for the user.
• Serves a critical role on technical committees for database issues such as potential data scrubs and appends, using features of the database, and database conversions to a new system.
• As a member of the Institutional Advancement staff each staff member is expected to assist in a variety of ways with Advancement and Alumni events.
• Will serve on interview committees as appropriate.
• Serves on hiring committees for student employees and, when appropriate, will supervise students.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Experience with non-profit gift processing
• Experience working in an alumni/donor database
• At least two years of related work experience
such as accounting and database management.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products,
• Comfortable working independently as well as
working closely in a group
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
How to Apply: Apply online
Compensation Type: Annual salary
Status: Full Time
Location: 1840 South 1300 East, Salt Lake City, UT