COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Salary: 10.00 an hour
Job Description: Summary: The Imagination Facilitator provides daily staffing of museum exhibits, programs, and special events. This position is central to ensuring a highly interactive and educational learning experience for our diverse museum visitors, the primary audience being young children and their families.
Employment Classification: Part-time, FLSA non-exempt status.
Salary: $10.00 hourly, typical work schedule will include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays, to be determined by museum needs. Estimated 24 hours a week.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Provides inclusive physical and verbal cues that let the visitor know we are approachable and knowledgeable about the museum, its philosophy, exhibits, and programs, providing attentive and excellent customer service.
• Exemplary imagination facilitation; model positive, educational, creative and respectful ways to interact with children and their caregivers through play.
• Facilitate age-appropriate, exhibit-based activities that engage children and parents/caregivers in the imagination, play and learning experience.
• As assigned, facilitate scheduled programming (For example: Curiosity Shop classes and Discovery Carts.)
• Support and mentor new Imagination Facilitators and volunteers.
• Staff birthday parties, school groups, special events and other assignments on an as-needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College experience preferred; concentration in Education, Child Development, Theater, Art, Recreation, Communication, or related field.
• Demonstrated interest and ability in working with children and families from a diversity of backgrounds.
• Ideal candidate must be a dynamic facilitator, enthusiastic, outgoing, energetic, and willing to play and interact with museum visitors.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Stamina and physical endurance to be on the museum floor the majority of the day maintaining quality interaction with museum guests.
• Ability to take direction well, and work without constant supervision; ability to work well within a team.
• Enthusiasm for learning and mastering new skills on an ongoing basis
• Willingness to be certified in First Aid and CPR through museum-offered courses
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Ideal candidates must be willing to work Sundays or weekday mornings
• Ability to cope with the stress of a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to function in a high-pressure environment and to meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks.
• Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing at least 30 pounds.
• Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
• Position requires bending, leaning, kneeling, twisting, and walking.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate needs.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Ability to view data on a computer and/or on paper for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work weekends including Sunday’s.
Location: Salt Lake City
Status: Part time
How to Apply: Please send resumes to Jwilson@discoverygateway.org