COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
In order to be considered for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com Job Description Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre is seeking a part time Education Assistant to work within our Opera By Children (OBC) educational outreach program. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about arts education, and eager to engage collaboratively with students, teachers and arts mentors in our state. The OBC assistant is responsible for monitoring mentors, goals, and policies; overseeing and managing Utah State Board of Education (USBE) relicensure/credit for teachers, and supporting our Opera By Children program in an efficient way. Examples of Duties:
● Oversee and manage all aspects of Utah State Board of Education (USBE) MIDAS (online tracking of CACTUS points and credit) offerings and ensure all MIDAS proceedings are working smoothly.
● Work as liaison with USBE
● Prepare and maintain the Master Timeline of Services for OBC mentors
● Facilitate Teacher & Mentor Training Workshops throughout the year.
● Keep calendar entries of all performances up-to-date utilizing the OBC Google Calendar and Timeline of Services form
● Work with marketing to create and then disseminate fliers with season offerings and discount information at time of this communication.
● Prepare and distribute program covers in usable formats for teachers.
● Maintain OBC website, rebranding. Provide up to date information and maintain the OBC blog portion.
● End of year: send OBC Teachers certificates, dress rehearsal information & relicensure forms
Typical Qualifications Ideal Candidate
● Proven leadership role in an arts/cultural capacity
● Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
● Strong communication and team building skills
● Appreciation for the arts, specifically theatre, music and opera
● A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field of study
● Ability to manage and lead diverse external groups
● Facility with Microsoft office, Google’s G Suite and Zoom.
Supplemental Information Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
● Salary commensurate with experience.
● Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
● Possess a valid driver’s license. Agency Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre Phone 435-750-0300 Website www.ufomt.org Address 59 South 100 West Logan, UT 84321