COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding health precautions.
Job Summary: The Living Planet Aquarium is an AZA accredited 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides the community with countless educational opportunities to understand and respect our precious Earth and its living ecosystems, from the Utah deserts and mountains, to rain forest habitats, to the planet’s vast oceans. Working at The Living Planet Aquarium is more than just a job, it is purpose-driven work. We need exceptionally talented and hardworking team members to join us on our mission of inspiring people to explore, discover and learn about Earth’s diverse ecosystems. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, PTO, Holiday Pay, New Child Leave, Aquarium Memberships and passes, and much more.
The Sales Manager at Loveland Living Planet Aquarium (LLPA) is responsible for lead generation for private events and sales program development and execution including budget, policies, and delivery. This position is responsible for achieving revenue KPIs so LLPA can continue to further its mission to inspire people to explore, discover, and learn about Earth’s diverse ecosystems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Lead current sales programs developing and presenting proposals for Private Events, Corporate Tickets, Group Sales, Proposals, and Parties
– Execute strategic plans in alignment with LLPA’s organizational goals for continued growth
– Provide input in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets and strategies to produce both short and long term profitability
– Ensure achievement of sales production standards, sales goals, and KPIs
– Evaluate and report on individual sales program KPIs for profitability and performance; advise on areas for improvement and propose solutions to address any shortfalls in a timely manner
– Promote and increase sales for Private Event rentals including corporate, weddings, hosted, and other events; as well as the Group Sales program, including corporate ticket sales
– Actively network and engage in opportunities to increase sales program visibility
– Develop relationships with community influencers, decision-makers, referral partners, and local businesses to attract and gain new sales program contacts
– Sell LLPA as a world-renowned destination for visiting conventions and traveling groups
– Develop new sales programs and continually augment business development plan to generate additional revenue sources
– Review and communicate event space pricing, minimums, and associated rental fees
– Create and implement procedures and policies that advance company values and employ the five performance keys of safety, courtesy, show, education, and efficiency
– Encourage and exemplify the tenants of high quality communication
– Respond quickly to inbound leads in a positive and timely manner
– Use Salesforce to manage and track all leads, run reports, and screen potential clients
– Collaborate with Marketing Team to promote sales programs, disseminate information, and coordinate marketing of sales programs
– Monitor website to promote sales programs and keep request form content current
– Communicate clearly and effectively via phone, email, and in-person
– Work closely with Events Manager and catering partner to schedule and host site tours, facility rentals, and private events
– Cooperate with Development Team to create fundraising campaigns with event program leads
– Night and weekend work required; act as Aquarium Leader-on-Duty on select weekends and evenings
– Completion of all other duties as assigned
– A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales & Marketing, or related field preferred
– A minimum of two to three years’ experience in an outside sales role
– Possess strong prospecting, presentation, and closing skills
– Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Salesforce; familiarity with Domo
– Outgoing, friendly, strong interpersonal skills; ability to build positive relationships with potential clients
– Commitment to a high level of customer service
– Exceptional organizational, reporting, and system building skills
– Excellent oral and written communication skills; attention to detail
– Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
– Experience working with database management
Special Working Conditions:
The position will primarily be in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. The overall work environment while performing this job includes exposure to weather conditions and the noise level is usually moderate. The employee is expected to adhere to all policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the policies.
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. LLPA does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply: Please submit an application online at www.thelivingplanet.com/jobs
Location: Draper, UT