SET DESIGN/PROPS MANAGER
Performing Arts – Theater Stage Plays
The main function of these production team positions is to:
- Fulfill the job description as it pertains to the play in progress
- Maintain ethical standards while working on production
- Ensures that the current production can meet its schedule
- Reports to the Director and Owner/Writer as needed
- Maintains the confidentiality of the play as it pertains to the NDA (non-disclosure agreement)
Objectives of this Role
- SET DESIGN/PROPS MANAGER works closely with the Director to ensure all stage management fits in the guidelines of the play, theater and the goal of the writer to completion.
- Manages production organization by establishing responsibilities, rolls, clear communication with the Director on stage management activities.
- Acts as Stage Manager, if needed.
- Coordinates with the Director to ensure casting positions are filled, rehearsal schedule is sufficient, light and sound needs are met, and costumes and set are put together and performance ready.
- Creates production flow schedule for rehearsals for sets, movements, coordination of music, and lighting
- Follows through with rehearsals and shows.
Manages aspects of the facility related to the Theater including alignment with mission, appearance & condition, space allocation and security
- Learns, understands, runs and trouble shoots all Theater and Sound equipment including lighting system, PA system, theater sound system, blue ray player and projector
- Works with the Costume Director to organize and manage costumes and prop collection.
*Salary is based on experience in the role, from $30K with additional bonuses upon successful completion of each play.
To submit a resume and arrange a time for an interview; please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org