COVID-19 UPDATE: Please check with individual organizations and venues for specific requirements regarding mask mandates.
The Midway Town Hall was designed by Claude Shepherd Ashworth and built by Fredrick O. Hauter. Originally known as the Midway Recreation Center, it was constructed with Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds and local labor in 1941. Built of local limestone known as “pot rock”, this structure has characteristics reminiscent of the Arts and Crafts and Tudor Revival Styles with its rustic wooden lintels, brackets on the gable ends, steeply pitched roof, half timbering, and scribed wooden pendants.
The Midway Town Hall helps document the impact of New Deal programs in Utah, one of the states that the Great Depression affected most severely. Located on the site of Old Fort Midway in the civic and recreation center of the town, it has been in continuous use as a gathering place for the town’s social, recreational, and governmental activities.
130 West Main Street, Midway, UT 84049
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE