Frequently Asked Questions
You can use your browser’s find feature to find your answers quickly. For Windows (ctrl+f); For Mac (cmd+f).
- Who can submit events?
- Anyone can submit events but a User account is required. Go here to register for a User account.
- Does it cost money to have an event listed?
- No. It’s free!
- How I do submit my event?
- First, make sure you have a User account. Go here to register for a User account.
- Once you have logged in to your User account, click on the “Submit Event” link at the upper right-hand corner of the homepage. Follow the directions on the page.
- View the How to Submit page here for tips and tricks.
- View the following how-to videos for visual instructions:
–Registering for an account
–Submitting an event listing
–Submitting a classified listing
–Submitting an organization profile
–Submitting a venue profile
- What are the submission guidelines? Now Playing Utah accepts the following arts and cultural events:
• Classes & Workshops
• Festivals & Special Events/Holiday
• Humanities (hIstory & heritage, lectures, libraries, literature, natural history & archeology, philosophy, poetry, storytelling)
• Identity (801 Creative Women, LGBTQIA+, Living Color)
• Sports & Outdoor Recreation
• Theatre and Stand-Up Comedy
Now Playing Utah does NOT accept:
• Events outside of the state of Utah
• Virtual events without a designated location (currently suspended per Covid-19)
• Political rallies/fundraisers
• Religious/worship services or events that assume religious or spiritual beliefs
• Retail sales, shopping or merchandising events
• Entrepreneurial, networking and/or recruitment events
• “Adult” oriented entertainment or salacious content
• Now Playing Utah reserves the right to accept or reject any event submission that does not meet our criteria for arts and cultural events.
- Where does my event show up?
- By submitting your event on Now Playing Utah, it will show up on NowPlayingUtah.com. Now Playing Utah also feeds event calendars on Websites for the Downtown Alliance of Salt Lake City, THE BLOCKS, Visit Utah, Salt Lake Tribune, Utah Cultural Alliance, Salt Lake County ZAP Program, Visit Salt Lake, Arts to Zion, and Play in Davis.
- I need to change some info about my Event/Listing. How can I do that?
- Do events automatically get posted?
- All submissions go through a review process by our staff for formatting and verification purposes. The cleaner and more complete your submission, the sooner your event can be posted. It is usually a good idea to post an event at least 2 weeks before the start date. Events will be processed within 2 business days.
- I’m having trouble submitting an image with my event. Why?
- Requirements for images include:
- All images MUST be at least 400 x 400 pixels and .jpg, .png, or .jpeg format only.
Each image should not exceed a file size of 2.93 megabyte (MB).
Image file names must NOT contain spaces between words, question marks,exclamation points, apostrophes, quotation marks, or most other symbols (hyphensand underscore marks are OK).
Our system automatically rejects images with bad file names.
- Requirements for images include:
- How do I upload a video?
- We accept the “share” links provided by YouTube and/or Vimeo. We do not accept any other video service links or embed code at this time. To add a video code to your event listing, simply copy and paste the share link provided by these services.
- I would like to Advertise on Now Playing Utah.
- Please contact Now Playing Utah at email@example.com. More information on our advertising opportunities can be found on this PDF here. Visit our Advertising Shop page to purchase advertising.
- Does it cost money to have my event featured on the front page?
- Yes, we offer Featured Positions as a form of advertisement.
- How about those banners on the right-hand side?
- Yes, we offer those banners as a form of advertisement, a banner displays on every page and is a great way to show off your event.
- How do I look up Past Events that have already occurred?
- Search for your Organization listing using the search function on the Organization landing page, which can be found by clicking on the link in the footer section of our site, under “Directories”. On your Organization page, scroll down to find the “Upcoming Events” and “Past Events” tabs. Click on the “Past Events” tab to see events that have already happened.
- I have a question that wasn’t answered. Now what?
- Feel free to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.